Grapefruit Pound Cake
Adapted from Cooking Light
2 cups (255 grams) all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
5/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1 1/2 cups (338 grams) granulated sugar
6 tablespoons (85 grams) unsalted butter, softened
6 ounces (170 grams) cream cheese, softened
2 large eggs, room temperature
1/4 cup (59 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons finely grated grapefruit zest
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup (118 mL) whole milk
1/2 cup (118 mL) fresh grapefruit juice
1 cup (110 grams) powdered sugar, plus more for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Position the rack in the middle.
2. Butter a 10-inch tube pan or a 10-cup bundt pan and lightly dust with powdered sugar. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
3. In a stand-mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat sugar, butter and cream cheese, on high speed, until light and fluffy, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, scraping the bottom of the bowl between additions. Beat in oil, zest, and vanilla.
4. Add the flour mixture and milk, alternating between the two and ending with flour. Spoon batter into pan, smooth the top with a spatula, and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Cool in pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Invert cake and cool completely before glazing.
5. Place juice in a sauce pan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Cook until reduce to about 3 tablespoons, about 4 minutes. Cool slightly. Stir in powdered sugar and remaining salt. Drizzle over cake.
Grapefruit Pound Cake originally published on sassyradish.com
All content & photos © 2004-2014 sassyradish.com.