- Sassy Radish - http://www.sassyradish.com -
quinoa with brussels sprouts and pumpkin
Posted By olga On November 16, 2011 @ 10:47 pm In Vegetables | 31 Comments
Quinoa with Brussels Sprouts and Pumpkin
1 1/2 cups black quinoa, rinsed
7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more to taste
1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
2 pounds kabocha squash, cut into 1-inch thick pieces
1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 2 lemons
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1/3 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
1. In a 4-quart pot, combine the quinoa with 3 cups of water, 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until the water has been absorbed and the germ of the quinoa is visible. Remove from heat, fluff with a fork, and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Brush the slices of squash with olive oil, and in a large bowl, toss together the Brussels sprouts with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Roast the squash and the sprouts on two separate pans (Brussels sprouts cut-side down) for 30 minutes, until nicely browned and the squash is soft when pierced with a knife. Remove from the oven and cool.
3. Meanwhile make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together zest of 1 lemon, juice of 2 lemons, the garlic, Aleppo pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and coriander. Let sit for 2 minutes to infuse. Add the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil and whisk to emulsify.
4. Transfer the quinoa, the squash, and the Brussels sprouts to a large bowl. Add the raisins and the pine nuts, toss a few times to loosely combine. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to thoroughly distribute. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
Serves 8 to 10.
quinoa with brussels sprouts and pumpkin originally published on sassyradish.com
URL to article: http://www.sassyradish.com/2011/11/quinoa-with-brussels-sprouts-and-pumpkin/
All content & photos © 2004-2013 sassyradish.com.