Asparagus Dill Frittata
2 scallions, white and light green parts only, sliced
5 thin stalks asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
6 cremini mushrooms, sliced (about 1 cup)
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
4 large eggs
2 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons chopped dill
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
1/4 teaspoon sea salt, plus more for sprinkling
6 few turns on the pepper mill, plus more for sprinkling
3 cups baby arugula, optional, for serving
1. Position the rack in the middle and preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil an 8-inch skillet over medium high heat, until shimmering. Add the scallions, the asparagus, and the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside for 2 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, 2 tablespoons dill, salt and pepper. Pour over the vegetables in the skillet and place the skillet in the oven.
4. Bake 15 to 17 minutes, until the eggs are just set, but are slightly jiggly in the center. Remove the skillet from the oven and set to cool for 5 minutes.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, mint, remaining olive oil, and the remaining dill. Serve slices of the frittata over a bed of arugula, drizzled with the olive oil-lemon-dill dressing. Sprinkle some flaky sea salt and add a pinch of pepper if you like.
frittata with asparagus, cremini, and scallions originally published on sassyradish.com
All content & photos © 2004-2013 sassyradish.com.