- Sassy Radish - http://www.sassyradish.com -
Posted By olga On February 12, 2011 @ 10:21 am In Desserts, Candies & Other Sweets | 13 Comments
There’s no limit to how much fun you can make this – want to drizzle a bit of white chocolate on top and create pretty drizzle pattern? Melt 3 ounces of white chocolate following the same instructions below and drizzle on the already-dipped strawberry, using a fork to create fun lines. Or add melty white chocolate to a pasty bag and using the finest, smallest opening, dot white chocolate polka-dots all over the strawberries. And yes, as a reward, you’re entitled to at least one dipped strawberry before anyone else is allowed to touch them. Chef’s rules!
6 ounces (172 grams) semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
1 pound strawberries, with stems (if you can find them, or regular are fine), washed and dried very well
1. Place the chocolate into a heatproof medium bowl. Fill a medium saucepan with a couple inches of water and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Turn off the heat and set the bowl of chocolate over the water to melt. Stir until smooth. (Alternatively, you can melt the chocolates in a microwave at half power, for 1 minute, stir and then heat for 15 second increments, until melted.)
2. If using the double-boiler method, once the chocolate are melted and smooth, remove from the heat.
3. Line a sheet pan with waxed paper. Tilt the bowl with chocolate for better dipping, and, holding the strawberry by the stem, dip the fruit into the dark chocolate, lift and twist slightly, letting any excess chocolate fall back into the bowl. Set strawberries on the parchment paper. Repeat with the rest of the strawberries.
4. Set the strawberries aside until the chocolate sets, about 30 minutes.
Makes about 12-16 strawberries depending on size and how many fit in your pound container.
chocolate-covered strawberries originally published on sassyradish.com
URL to article: http://www.sassyradish.com/2011/02/chocolate-covered-strawberries/
All content & photos © 2004-2013 sassyradish.com.