- Sassy Radish - http://www.sassyradish.com -
vinegret – russian beet salad
Posted By olga On September 2, 2009 @ 4:55 pm In Salad | 34 Comments
Venigret – Russian Beet Salad
4 medium sized beets or 8 small beets
3-4 russet potatoes
1 small onion
2-3 pickles, chopped
1/2 – 1 can of peas (I know, canned peas, how un-gourmet of me, but that’s how we did it in Russia!)
3-4 tbs freshly chopped dill
1. Cook beets, potatoes and carrots in boiling water until they are soft. Drain and place back in the pot and cover with ice cold water (this will make peeling a lot easier). This can be done the night before so you don’t waste time on waiting for your vegetables to cool.
2. Chop the onion and drain the peas.
3. When the vegetables are cool, peel them and chop into small, approximately 1/3 to 1/2 inch, cubes.
4. Mix the vegetables, onion, pickles, peas, dill together adding a few glugs of oil to coat.
5. Season with salt and serve immediately.
vinegret – russian beet salad originally published on sassyradish.com
URL to article: http://www.sassyradish.com/2009/09/venigret-russian-beet-salad/
All content & photos © 2004-2013 sassyradish.com.