Apricot-Glazed Sriracha Ginger Chicken
Loosely adapted from Gourmet, June 2009
3 garlic cloves
1 (3-inch) piece peeled ginger, coarsely chopped
2/3 cup peach or apricot preserves or jam
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons water
2 tbsp Sriracha
4 bone-in chicken legs (drumstick & thigh) – washed and patted dry
1. With motor running, drop garlic into a food processor and finely chop. Add ginger and finely chop.
2. Add preserves, soy sauce, water, and Sriracha and pulse until sauce is combined.
3. Place sauce and chicken in a plastic bag and let marinade for an hour.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
5. Place the chicken and sauce in a baking pan.
6. Bake at 400F degrees for 30 minutes, at which point, you should check for doneness. If red or pink juices are running (upon cutting into the chicken) cook some more at 350F degrees. I usually check after 15 minutes and then at 5 minute intervals.
apricot glazed sriracha ginger chicken originally published on sassyradish.com
All content & photos © 2004-2013 sassyradish.com.