menu for hope 2008
As usual, things here at Sassy Radish take a wee bit longer than elsewhere and I’m quite late with my offering for the fifth annual MENU FOR HOPE, but I will contribute shortly – please check back shortly!!
For those of you new to Menu For Hope – it was started by Pim of the fantastic Chez Pim five years ago, hence the 5th annual Menu for Hope fund-raising effort (I’m pretty sharp, aren’t I?).
The money collected from this year’s raffle will go to the UN World Food Programme to the Lesotho School Lunch Program in Africa.
To give you scope, last year, Menu for Hope raised over $90,000 for the lunch program in Lesotho. And this year, despite the recession and all, we are hoping to do the same and maybe even surpass that.
All it takes is a $10 ticket per entry and you could try your luck and some pretty amazing gifts this year from bloggers all around the world. I hope you participate in this and help a great cause.
LONG OVERDUE CONTRIBUTION ANNOUCEMENT! Sorry about the delays folks – I’m giving away a fabulous 7-cup KitchenAid food processor.
I have a 12-cup KitchenAid and it is by far - the best food processor I have ever used.
It is easier to manipulate than the Cuisinart with which in the past I’ve had some issues. I really marvel at how awesome it is every time I use it.
Brief description of the prize:
Food processor with touch-pad controls, pulse option, and powerful induction motor 7-cup-capacity work bowl; multipurpose stainless-steel blade; large feed tube and pusher. Reversible stainless-steel slicing/shredding disc; 3-cup mini bowl for smaller tasks Base wipes clean easily; dishwasher-safe bowls, blades, and discs. I use this for everything from making dough to creating quick sauces and emulsions – the mini prep bowl is brilliant – it’s like having 2 processors in 1 — and saves on space too!!
To donate/enter to win:
1. Go to First Giving, the site that manages this campaign, and make your donation. Every $10 donation, gets you one entry. $20 gets you 2 entries. And so on.
2. If you’re interested in winning this prize, please enter code UE35. Additionally, if you want it in a color, other than white. It comes in RED or BLACK, though I am a huge fan of the white one. Please enter a note (should you win) if you want it in RED or BLACK.
3. Meh – I already have a food processor, give me something else! Go and check out all the other awesome prizes being offered this time around.
4. Lastly, be sure to check off the box that says “happy for the page owner to see my email address” because we’ll need to get in touch with you should you win!
5. One very last note, because of various shipping / import complications, taxes, etc, I am happy to ship this anywhere in the United States – but must apologize to foreign readers as I won’t be able to accommodate this time.