- Sassy Radish - http://www.sassyradish.com -
braised peas with spring onions and lettuce
Posted By olga On October 18, 2008 @ 4:33 pm In Beans & Legumes | No Comments
Braised peas with spring onions and lettuce
Adapted from Jamie Oliver
1 knob butter*
1 heaped tsp flour
1 cup chicken stock or vegetable stock
6 spring onions, trimmed, outer leaves discarded, and finely sliced
14 ounces fresh or frozen peas
2 little butter lettuces, sliced**
sea salt & freshly ground black pepper (I used the new wonder in my apartment – sea salt flavored with porcini mushrooms)
juice of 1 lemon
good quality extra virgin olive oil
1. Slowly heat the butter and a good glug of olive oil in a pan.
2. Add the flour and stir around, then slowly add the stock
3. Turn up the heat and add the spring onions, peas and lettuce with a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Put the lid on and simmer for five minutes or until tender.
5. Taste, correct the seasoning Salt and pepper to taste and squeeze in a bit of lemon juice.
Serve drizzled with a splash of good oil.
* I read that as 1 tbsp
** Could not find in the store – will make with lettuce next time – yes, this will be repeated
braised peas with spring onions and lettuce originally published on sassyradish.com
URL to article: http://www.sassyradish.com/2008/10/braised-peas-with-spring-onion/
All content & photos © 2004-2013 sassyradish.com.