- Sassy Radish - http://www.sassyradish.com -
Posted By olga On November 2, 2007 @ 8:40 am In Poultry & Game | 5 Comments
½ lb ground turkey
½ lb hot chorizo sausage (about 2 links), out of the casings
2 small yellow and purple bell peppers, seeded, chopped
1 yellow onion, chopped
3 poblano peppers, sliced (reserve some slices for decoration later – 1 poblano pepper for decoration works great)
3 cloves garlic, minced
fresh corn cut off 2 ears
6 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded [omitted in this version, but highly recommended]
1 tsp ground chili pepper
1 tsp cumin
¼ tsp cinnamon
For the topping:
2 cups water
1 cup cornmeal
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp butter
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF
2. In a medium dutch oven, begin to sauté onions and peppers (reserving a few slices of the poblano for later). When onions are translucent, add garlic, ground turkey, and chorizo and break it up into pieces. Cook for 10 minutes then add cheese (if using), corn, and spices.
3. Meanwhile: Bring water, cornmeal, and salt to a boil in a small saucepan. Simmer, stirring, until cornmeal thickens. Turn off heat, add butter, and stir.
4. Using a rubber spatula, spread cornmeal mixture over the meat mixture. Decorate with reserved poblano slices. Bake, uncovered, in the oven for 40 minutes.
tamale pie originally published on sassyradish.com
URL to article: http://www.sassyradish.com/2007/11/tamale-pie/
All content & photos © 2004-2013 sassyradish.com.