Lexi’s Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from The Martha Stewart Cookbook
1 lb (4 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
3 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375F degrees.
2. Cream the butter in a large bowl until smooth; add the brown and granulated sugars. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until well blended.
3. In another large bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Bea t this into the butter mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Drop 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter onto nonstick baking sheets, 2 inches apart.** Bake for 8 minutes until golden brown.**
5. Remove the cookies from the baking sheets and cool on a rack.
* What I like to do is roll the 2-3 tbsp into a perfectly shaped ball. This way, when the cookie bakes, it becomes this perfect little circle. No, I’m not at all OCD. Why do you ask?
** I decided to bake them for close to 13-14 minutes – they were soooo crispy and good. Maybe it’s because my oven is wimpy and doesn’t get as hot as Martha’s?
chocolate chip cookies – beating out tate’s originally published on sassyradish.com
All content & photos © 2004-2014 sassyradish.com.